We are trying to get as many touchscreens working as possible for Karmic. Bug #317094 is attempting to collect hardware information about these them. As a first step, we'd like to enable the ones that can use the in-kernel usbtouchscreen driver.
- Do you have a touchscreen?
- Is it connected over USB? (lsusb is your friend)
- Get the vendor and product id of the USB touchscreen (lsub)
- Load the usbtouchscreen module and add the new id to it through sysfs
- example output from lsusb
- 0483 is the vendor id, 2016 is the product id
- sudo modprobe usbtouchscreen
- sudo sh -c "echo 0483 2016 > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usbtouchscreen/new_id"
If this makes your touchscreen work in Karmic, please reply on the bug with the ids and name of the touchscreen.