Sunday, June 05, 2005

Myth TV

I run MythTV on a Ubuntu Linux install on my PC. MythTV is a great PVR application for Linux users. Incidentally, I try to be TV-free, meaning I watch very little of it. So I don't care too much about its PVR features. I peruse it for my media collection, using the various plugins that are available.

While it works nicely for what it is programmed to do, I am not sure about the interface features. From what I understand, it can do one thing at a time. It can't, for example, run the Music Player while viewing images. Or show the weather while playing some music. I haven't looked at the code yet, but I suspect that this is not a plugin implementation problem, but rather a MythTV architecture issue. Maybe someday I will find the motivation and time to have a look at the code to see if this can be fixed.

But a great application overall. Thanks guys!

No comments: